Friday 11 December 2015

Chaos Snakemen (again) !



Yes, again because I've already painted some of those before ! Don't remember ? That was when I took even worse photos and had my backdrop upside down ! Look at this.
Anyway, today's subject is new snakemen. Why would I paint 7 more of them ? Well long story short, I read on the french FB Oldhammer page that someone was looking to have his snakemen painted. As I was on a painting roll at the time and sort of remembered having fun on those, I took the job...


Models were prepared, primed and the bases were done. Some colours here and there had already been applied so I basically just had to finish the job. I'd like to add that the owner did a clever conversion job on those to alter the doubles as you can see below :


Just a bent tail and a weapon swap, I realise I could have diversified the painting to help differentiate them...
Next 2 are even more impressive with just a repositionning of the body and head and a simple weapon swap.


Last are the 3 unique models


But hey !  You wanna know more about those damned snakemen noone ever saw any rules for ? You wanna know the whys and hows of those models ? Well check out the brilliant post my hombre Crooks wrote up for you guys. It's HERE in all its glory !

By the way, these models make me cross the 100 models milestone for this year and we're not even done yet !

Now if you want to spend money on something intelligent and meaningful, why don't you go have a look at the auctions we put on Ebay for charity ! And in case you happen to dislike the stuff we've put there, why don't you give just a little to the best of causes, if this time of year has any meaning to you, that's the opportunity you were waiting for ! Go help a brother's brother !

20 comments:

  1. Nice job JB. The albino is the stand out for me - the pale skin is a great look.

    Loving the muted colours on the whole unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The albino was painted this way because the owner wanted him to be the champion so I made an albino out of him to show he's a rare kind. The palette might be a little too restricted though.

      Delete
  2. Great looking warband JB! The little reposing are very effective and give much personnality to those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do any of the repositioning but I agree it works more than fine? I actually didn't dare touch mine a couple of years ago and only did a simple weapon swap? I realise a bit more guts could have paid !

      Delete
  3. Wow those look great, nice clean olds hook paintjob, weapon swaps are a nice touch. I hope if you lay hands on more you can emulate a couple copperheads or cottonmouths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were commisions so they're going to their owner as we speak. I did try tro do some more natural patterns on the forst batch I painted erlier though but kept common species for troopers and rare breeds for the champion.
      Thanks !

      Delete
  4. Ssssplendid paint job dude! Just need to figure out how to get them on a flight with Samual L Jackson...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring, I've just managed to complete the set of these after finding them one at a time, so it's good to have ideas for how to paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a weird bunch really, I find them to be incredible models even when the sculpting is rather crude in some places, all models aren't on the same level I find but despite everything, they have a very powerful appeal.

      Delete
  6. Awesome work as ever man. Don't really know how I feel about these sculpts, but they look brilliant painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings as feel about the sculpts, some parts are brilliant while some others are rather crude, what I do know though is that I find the models excellent as a whole (if that makes any sense).
      Glad you like them ;)

      Delete
  7. Well, these Snakemen really changed my view of the minis, you made them look much more appealing that I thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I had more pleasure painting them the first time, probably because time wasn't an issue and because I could d pretty much what I wanted. This time I wanted to avoid making the same thing and had to take shortcuts to meet the deadline. I think a good load of people including you could really make those shine.

      Delete
  8. Painting is lovely as ever mate. Good selection of colours and I like the armours and shields.

    Chaos snakemen.... hadn't heard of them until this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers ! To be honest, I think I prefer my first batch even if they aren't that different. They're quite an elusive bunch and until CaptainCrooks unveiled his article, little if anything was known about them really !

      Delete
  9. Damn you, JB, with your excellent brushwork; now I want some of these snakemen!

    (Really nice work, mon ami, so much character)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, that's soothing a bit the regrets I have about them as I had to rush in the final stages to meet the deadline. They're a classic bunch anyone should be able to paint really.

      Thanks a lot ;)

      Delete
  10. Nice job as always!!! I did find the sculpture's reptilian scale-fur combo a bit jarring ... it looked out of place with each other, though that was no fault of yours. The paint job looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are weird sculpts but great models nontheless, scales don't even match on a given model and diffre completely from one model to another which is a bit strange. Lots of details are a bit peculiar but some parts are truly genius so all in all I can't help loving them !

      Thanks mate ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...